If you’re contemplating installing quartz in your bathroom, it is essential to understand the pros and cons of quartz bathroom countertops. The truth is that every popular countertop material has advantages and disadvantages. However, having complete information is vital to make a correct choice.
Being aware of what quartz is and the kind of materials that makes it will help in making an informed decision. Quartz occurs naturally as a mineral, mined in rock form. Breaking the natural quartz pebbles into dust and mixing them with pigments, resin, and polymers makes beautiful and durable countertops. Therefore, understanding the pros and cons of quarts is essential.
Advantages of Quartz Bathroom Countertops
- Longevity – Quartz is known for being durable and can resist scratching or chipping. If given, proper maintenance can last for a lifetime.
- Low maintenance – You require soap and water to clean the quartz countertops. However, simply wiping the quartz countertops makes them clean. Furthermore, the quartz does not require sealing.
- Non-porous – Quartz bathroom countertops are a good choice since they are resistant to viral and bacterial growth.
- Different colors and styles – Quartz bathroom countertops come in various designs and colors. Make the decision based on your taste and preference. You can choose either the ones with veining or solid color.
Disadvantages of Quartz Bathroom Countertops
- High prices – The benefits of quartz like non-porous, scratch resistant, highly durable, and requires no sealing makes it costly. If your budget is tight, consider other cheaper countertops options.
- No unique appearance – The uniform appearance may be a severe drawback to other buyers, though some may prefer uniformity in the natural quarts.
- Difficult to install – Quartz is heavy, making its installation difficult. Work with a professional who understands natural quarts installation very well. Quartz being challenging to install, the installation cost may increase.
- Not heat resistant – Engineered quartz can not withstand excessive heat and temperature changes. As a result, placing hot pans can damage the quartz countertops, unlike granite or marble.
Considerations When Choosing Quartz Bathroom Countertops
- Cost – The color, brand, edge profile, texture, and installations are the cost to check before designing quartz bathroom countertops. However, the benefits, like being non-porous to provide stain resistance, low maintenance, and high quality, make them the best and most affordable in the long run.
- Visual appearance – The beautiful look is a significant consideration when designing bathroom countertops. Every quartz countertop can come in many colors, and each color gives a different mood and attitude. Visualizing the color with the available space makes the entire installation beautiful.
- Thickness – How thin or thick your quartz countertops contribute to the beautiful quartz surfaces. Consistency is also a significant determiner of weight. The thin quartz countertops being lighter makes them look modern and sleek. Checking your design options’ reliability, function, and longevity will prevent future issues.
R&D Marble is Your Quartz Provider
Considering the overall design and the space available before choosing based on the cons of quartz countertops is an added advantage. Consulting professionals will help you make the right choice. Quarts countertops manufacturers may produce different colors and designs that suit your desire. R&D Marble has the best quartz countertops that can provide you with make inquiries for the best alternatives.